December 10, 2021
White House Releases COVID-19 Plan
Last week, the White House released its latest plan to protect Americans against the Delta and Omicron variants in the immediate future. With the announcement of new variants, the Biden Administration hopes that this new plan will chart a path forward for leveraging new clinical tools to fight the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Strategies include expanding pharmacy availability for vaccinations, new public education campaigns, targeted outreach to at-risk populations and partnering with private industry to preserve public health. To read the full White House plan, click here.
The Biden Administration’s latest plan focuses on nine key areas:
- Having all adults receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine;
- Increasing access to vaccination for children, where clinically appropriate and to education staff to protect children and keep schools open;
- Expanding free at-home testing;
- Strengthening public health protocols for safe international travel;
- Promoting protections in the workplace to keep the economy open;
- Convening rapid response teams to help battle rising case numbers;
- Supplying treatment pills to help prevent hospitalizations and deaths;
- Continuing the Administration’s commitment to global vaccination efforts;
- Taking additional steps to prepare the nation for future COVID-19 scenarios.