June 28, 2019
Trump Administration Releases Executive Order on Price Transparency
On Wednesday, President Trump signed an Executive Order aimed at giving consumers increased access to the price of health care services. According to the President, “More transparency will mean more competition and the cost of health care will go way, way down.” Among other policies, the Order instructs the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to issue a proposed rule requiring hospitals to disclose standard charge information based on negotiated rates. This rule is expected to be released within the next 60 days, revealing additional details on how the policy would be implemented. [Included] are key highlights from the Order.
Also in Policy Brief:
- House Approves Health Care Spending Package
- Is There a Place for Blockchain in Health Care?
- MedPAC Releases June Report
- Update on Surprise Billing Legislation
- A Look at the Federal Register
- In Other News