March 22, 2019
The President’s Health Care Priorities in the Budget 2018 vs 2019
Last Monday, the President released his recommended budget for FY 2020. The budget includes several changes on funding for health care agencies that depart from his previous proposed budgets. The President’s budget is not a formal piece of legislation; it’s typically regarded as mere guidance for the Congressional appropriations process. However, the recommended changes on funding levels signal an adjustment of the President’s overall priorities. [Included is] an overview of what changed in this year’s budget that could impact health care funding levels in 2020.
Also in Policy Brief:
- Grassley’s Spotlight on Hospitals Continues
- Gottlieb Resigns – What’s Next for the FDA?
- 340B Update
- Universal Health Care Coverage
- MedPAC Releases Report to Congress
- A Look at the Federal Register
- In Other News