May 18, 2018
Seema Verma’s Health Care Agenda
In a recent speech to the American Hospital Association (AHA), CMS’ Administrator Seema Verma offered insights into the Agency’s future regulatory actions. Issues addressed included Track 1 of the Accountable Care model, drug pricing, site-neutral payments and Stark law. Below are key quotes from Verma and what they may mean for the future of CMS.
- CMS may rescind the no-risk, Track 1 Accountable Care Model.
- The add-on payment for Medicare Part B drugs may be eliminated.
- CMS may revise its implementation of Stark Law.
- Price transparency will be a top priority for the Agency.
- CMS will likely promote site-neutrality in Medicare.
- Work requirements will continue to emerge in Medicaid.
- CMS will double down its efforts to improve interoperability.
- More efforts to reduce regulatory burden are under way.
Also in Policy Brief:
- Proposed Rescission Targets Health Care Funds
- The Growing Role of Physicians in Value-Based Care
- America’s Action Plan for Lowering Drug Prices
- A Look at The Federal Register
- Learn about IPPS